Careers at the Co-op
Careers at the Co-op
Thank you for your interest in a career at Ukiah Natural Foods Co-op!
How do I get an application for employment?
There are 2 ways:
- You may download an application by clicking here.
- Or, you may pick one up at the Co-op during business hours. Job applications are located in a literature holder just inside the main doors.
What is your application process?
- Every Tuesday between 9:00 and 11:00 am completed applications are accepted at the Human Resources department in the Annex Building at 749C South State Street. Please be prepared for a brief prescreen interview.
- If you are unable to bring your application in person on that day please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail it to the Co-op; attention HR dept.
- Feel free to include a resume and/or letter of interest along with your application.
- When a position is available, applications are reviewed and those who appear to be a possible fit (according to experience, skills, availability, etc.) are called for a phone interview.
- Those who appear to be a best fit after the phone interviews will be called to come in for a face-to-face interview with the department manager and human resources. Then when a decision is made, you will be called regardless of whether or not you are hired.
- If selected for the position, you will be asked to complete an authorization form for a background check, which is a requirement of employment and considered part of the application process. We search for county criminal convictions, state sex offender convictions, social security number verification, and past employment verification.
How often should I apply?
Qualified applications are kept on file and “active” for 3 months.
Due to the high volume of applicants we receive each month, we do not accept or respond to follow-up phone calls.
If you wish to update your application (new address, phone number etc.) please drop us a note or email the human resources department.
If you’d like to be considered for an open position and your application is no longer active, please reapply.
Positions Currently Available - click on position title for a detailed job description.
Grocery Stocker - part time (20-25 hours per week) - must be available weekday evenings and weekend shifts.
Produce Stocker - part time (20-25 hours per week) - must be flexible for scheduling.
Cashier - part time (20-25 hours per week) - must be flexible for scheduling.
Download: Employment Application
Download: Grocery Stocker Job Description
Download: Produce Stocker Job Description
Download: Cashier Job Description