Careers at the Co-op
Careers at the Co-op
Thank you for your interest in a career at Ukiah Natural Foods Co-op!
How do I get an application for employment?
There are 2 ways:
- You may download an application by clicking here.
- Or, you may pick one up at the Co-op during business hours. Job applications are located in a literature holder just inside the main doors.
What is your application process?
- Every Tuesday between 9:00 and 11:00 am completed applications are accepted at the Human Resources department in the Annex Building at 749C South State Street. Please be prepared for a brief prescreen interview.
- If you are unable to bring your application in person on that day please email it to email@example.com or mail it to the Co-op; attention HR dept.
- Feel free to include a resume and/or letter of interest along with your application.
- When a position is available, applications are reviewed and those who appear to be a possible fit (according to experience, skills, availability, etc.) are called for a phone interview.
- Those who appear to be a best fit after the phone interviews will be called to come in for a face-to-face interview with the department manager and human resources. Past employment verification is part of the interview process.
- When a decision is made, you will be called regardless of whether or not you are hired.
How often should I apply?
Qualified applications are kept on file and “active” for 3 months.
Due to the high volume of applicants we receive each month, we do not accept or respond to follow-up phone calls.
If you wish to update your application (new address, phone number etc.) please drop us a note or email the human resources department.
If you’d like to be considered for an open position and your application is no longer active, please reapply.
Positions Currently Available - click on position title for a detailed job description.
Grocery Stocker - part time (20-25 hours per week) - must be available weekday evenings and weekend shifts.
Produce Stocker - part time (20-25 hours per week) - must be flexible for scheduling.
Cashier - part time (20-25 hours per week) - must be flexible for scheduling.
Assistant Grocery Manager - full time (exempt) - must be flexible for scheduling. Grocery experience required.
Download: Grocery Stocker Job Description
Download: Produce Stocker Job Description
Download: Cashier Job Description
Download: Employment Application