Complete a membership application at Customer Service. When you apply, you must purchase at least one $10 share in the Co-op.
To stay current, purchase a share every 90 days. By investing in shares, members contribute to the working capital of the cooperative. At any time, shareholders can request a full refund of their invested shares.
You can skip the purchase of one or more shares and resume at a later date. You are still a Co-op member with voting rights, but you will not receive additional member benefits. To resume investing and reactivate your discount, just purchase a share.
After you purchase 20 shares (a $200 investment), you are a fully invested, Fair Share member. Once you reach Fair Share status, you no longer need to buy shares to receive all the benefits of membership.
You will be given a permanent Member card with your account number on it. Each time you check out, show your Member card to receive your patronage dividend. If you forget your Member card, save your receipt–show your Member card and receipt within 30 days to receive the discount.
Twelve Benefits to Co-op Membership
1. Member appreciation discounts are offered to all members four times a year. You pick the day, we give you 10% off shopping that day, no matter how many times you visit us! Valid for one day each quarter.
2. Members over age 65 receive a permanent 2% discount. Senior members current on their shares also receive an additional 2% discount Monday – Saturday from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. and all day Sunday for a grand total of 4%.
3. Co-op deal coupon books offer discounts on approximately one hundred items, and can be found quarterly in the front of our store. These can usually be combined with your own manufacturer coupons for extra savings.
4. It pays to stock up on the items you use regularly. All shoppers can special order a case of a product and get 5% off the shelf price; Members save 10%. Visit Customer Service to special order.
5. The Co-op features over 1,000 items on sale every month. Pick up a sales flyer by the front doors and watch the aisles for additional sale signs.
6. Attend our Co-op Classes for information and fun! Members always receive a discount of $5 or more off class registration fees.
8. Vote for the Board of Directors and in other decision-making elections, run for the Board, attend our annual Member Meeting in April.
9. With sufficient earnings, UNF profits will be returned to owners in proportion to purchases.
10. Receive a special 10% off coupon when you purchase your 20th and final share.
11. Choose to have your receipts emailed to you.
12. Receive a copy of the Co-op newsletter mailed directly to you.