Anyone can join Ukiah Natural Foods Co-op!
As a consumer cooperative, Ukiah Natural Foods Co-op exists for the benefit of the people who use it. It is locally owned and democratically controlled. There are also special discounts and privileges extended to owners, which can be viewed in the Owner Benefits Section.
10 Reasons to Go Co-op!
- As a co-owner of the Co-op you can vote for the board, serve on the board or its committees and share in decision-making.
- Annual patronage dividend - if earnings are sufficient, profits are returned to co-op owners in proportion to their purchases.
- Special 10% owner appreciation discount each quarter.
- Owners over 65 receive a 2% discount. Senior owners receive an additional 2% discount on Sundays.
- Case discounts on special orders.
- Opt to have your receipts emailed.
- Check-writing privileges for up to $50 over purchases.
- The Co-op Newsletter mailed directly to you.
- Reduced rates on Co-op classes.
- Invitation to the Co-op Annual Ownership meeting.
- Owner-to-Owner discounts from local businesses.
- 10% off coupon when you purchase your 20th and final share.
Becoming An Owner Is Easy
- Fill Out an Owner Form.
Complete an owner application at Customer Service. When you apply, you must purchase at least one $10 share in the Co-op.
- Stay Current.
To stay current, purchase a share every 90 days. By investing in shares, owners contribute to the working capital of the cooperative. At any time, shareholders can request a full refund of their invested shares.
- Skip a Share?
You can skip the purchase of one or more shares and resume at a later date. You are still a Co-op owner with voting rights, but you will not receive additional owner benefits. To resume investing and reactivate your discount, just purchase a share.
- Go Fair Share.
After you purchase 20 shares (a $200 investment), you are a fully invested, Fair Share owner. Once you reach Fair Share status, you no longer need to buy shares to receive all the benefits of membership.
- Use Your Owner Card.
You will be given a permanent Owner card with your account number on it. Each time you check out, show your Owner card to receive your patronage dividend. If you forget your Owner card, save your receipt--show your Owner card and receipt within 30 days to receive the discount.
Ukiah Natural Foods Co-op to be the foundation of a trusted, cooperative marketplace of goods and services that provide for the needs of our diverse community.