Anyone can join Ukiah Natural Foods Co-op!
As a consumer cooperative, Ukiah Natural Foods Co-op exists for the benefit of the people who use it. It is locally owned and democratically controlled. As a co-owner of the Co-op you can vote for the board, serve on the board or its committees and share in other decision-making. There are also special discounts and privileges extended to owners, which can be viewed in the Owner Benefits section.
10 Reasons to Go Co-op!
As a consumer cooperative, Ukiah Natural Foods Co-op exists for the benefit of the people who use it. It is locally owned and democratically controlled. There are also special discounts and privileges extended to owners:
- As a co-owner of the Co-op you can vote for the board, serve on the board or its committees and share in decision-making.
- Annual patronage dividend - if earnings are sufficient, profits are returned to co-op owners in proportion to their purchases.
- Special 10% owner appreciation discount each quarter.
- Owners over 65 receive a 2% discount. Senior owners receive an additional 2% discount on Sundays.
- Case discounts on special orders.
- Opt to have your receipts emailed.
- Check-writing privileges for up to $50 over purchases.
- The Co-op Newsletter mailed directly to you.
- Reduced rates on Co-op classes.
- Invitation to the Co-op Annual Ownership meeting.
- Owner-to-Owner discounts from local businesses.
- 10% off coupon when you purchase your 20th and final share.
Becoming An Owner Is Easy
- Fill Out an Owner Form.
Complete an owner application at Customer Service. When you apply, you must purchase at least one $10 share in the Co-op.
- Stay Current.
To stay current, purchase a share every 90 days. By investing in shares, owners contribute to the working capital of the cooperative. At any time, shareholders can request a full refund of their invested shares.
- Skip a Share?
You can skip the purchase of one or more shares and resume at a later date. You are still a Co-op owner with voting rights, but you will not receive a patronage dividend. To resume investing and reactivate your discount, just purchase a share.
- Go Fair Share.
After you purchase 20 shares (a $200 investment), you are a fully invested, Fair Share owner. Once you reach Fair Share status, you no longer need to buy shares to receive all the benefits of membership.
- Use Your Owner Card.
You will be given a permanent member card with your account number on it. Each time you check out, show your card to receive your patronage dividend. If you forget your card, save your receipt--show your card and receipt within 30 days to receive the discount.
Ukiah Natural Foods Co-op to be the foundation of a trusted, cooperative marketplace of goods and services that provide for the needs of our diverse community.